Published on Wednesday, 2 June 2021 at 9:53:39 AM
The Census counts every person and household in Australia. It gives us a snapshot of who we are and tells the story of how we are changing. Census data is used to plan services that impact our lives, from schools, healthcare, transport and infrastructure to local support for individuals, families and communities.
We need every person in Australia to be included in the Census including visitors to Australia and international students.
The ABS will be providing help for those who need assistance completing their Census:
- The Census form is available in Braille, large print and audio.
- The National Relay Service is available for people on 1800 512 441.
- Assistance in languages other than English is available through the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450.
- A video on how to complete the Census in Auslan.
- Advertising and information will be translated into 41 languages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages.
Specially trained Field Officers will be in the community helping people experiencing homelessness participate.
If you think you might require additional assistance to complete your census, please contact the Shire or the CRC.
Back to All News